Master Trainer Tai Chi for Health Institute
Community tai chi and qigong classes, Skill Building workshops, Tai Chi for Health Instructor Training workshops and Breathe Coaching
Tai Chi & Qigong Classes ~ Franklin District (South of Auckland) (Click on the town) Pukekohe ~ Waiuku ~ Tuakau ~ Patumahoe Tai Chi Skill Building Workshops ~ Nationwide Tai Chi for Instructor Training Workshops ~ Nationwide
What is Tai Chi?
Seek Stillness within Movement (tai chi … tai chi chuan … taijiquan) “Tai chi ~ an art embracing the mind, body and spirit Originating in ancient China, tai chi is one of the most effective exercises for health of mind and body. Although an art with great depth of knowledge and skill, it can be easy to learn and soon delivers its health benefits. For many, it continues as a lifetime journey. There are many styles and forms of tai chi, the major ones being Chen, Yang, Wu, Wu (different words in Chinese) and Sun. Each style has its own features, although most styles share the same essential principles. The essential principles include mind integrated with the body; fluidity of the movements; control of breathing; and, mental concentration. The central focus is to enable the qi or life force to flow smoothly and powerfully throughout the body. Total harmony of the inner and outer self comes from the integration of mind and body, achieved through the ongoing practice of tai chi.” http://taichiforhealthinstitute.org/what-is-tai-chi/
“Tai Chi for Health is Modernized Tai Chi! Dr Paul Lam developed the Tai Chi for Health programs (TCH) incorporating medical knowledge. These programs are proven by medical studies to improve health. The CDC (Centre for Disease Control and Prevention) recommends Tai Chi for Arthritis, Arthritis Foundations and many organizations around the world support TCH. A wide range of Instructional DVDs and other products are available here at the SHOP, and worldwide over 15,000 certified instructors are teaching the programs.” http://taichiforhealthinstitute.org/
(qigong, chi gong, chi kung, daoyin, nei gong and yangsheng) Qi or Chi (chee) = air we breathe, life force or vital-energy Gong (gung) = accomplishment, or skill that is cultivated through practice. The Chinese term qigong means energy cultivation or working with the life force energy. Qigong is an ancient Chinese holistic exercise system; coordinating movements with breathing and meditations practiced for health maintenance, healing and increasing vitality, to cultivate and balance your qi.
What’s Up with Tamara …
In celebration of World Arthritis Day (12th October 2017), this month’s special is a Tai Chi for Arthritis bundle with 7 related products at a 42% discount only for the month of October 2017 …
Special Bundle Price: NZD$100.00 only! (42% off) including postage in NZ (Retail Price: NZD$167.00)
Click here to place your order. Offer expires 31 October 2017. Not to be used with any other discount.
- DVD: Tai Chi for Arthritis (12 Lessons)
- DVD: Tai Chi for Arthritis, Part 2 (6 Lessons)
- HANDBOOK: Tai Chi for Arthritis
- WALL CHART: Tai Chi for Arthritis
- WALL CHART: Tai Chi for Arthritis, Part 2
- WALL CHART: Warm Up and Cool Down Exercises
- MUSIC CD: Tai Chi Music Vol 2 (or Vol 1 if supplies run out of Vol 2)
Keep up to date with current news, workshops and specials … Subscribe to my monthly NEWSLETTER on the bottom of this page … Smiles Tamara
Benefits of Tai Chi & Qigong?
- Tai chi & qigong is FUN!
- No equipment needed
- Practice standing, seated, wheelchair, lying down or in the water
- Suitable for almost any age or physical condition
- Improve Fitness
- Increase muscular strength
- Improve balance & mobility
- Reduce risk of falls
- Improve flexibility
- Relaxation & Stress Relief
- May improve mental health & well-being
- Increase cardio-respiratory fitness
- Improves the immune system
- Great for rehabilitation
- Classes and workshops are a wonderful social outings
- Tai Chi for Health programmes are scientifically proven to be safe & effective for falls prevention
- Scientific studies show that the practice of tai chi improves, and prevents, almost all chronic conditions including arthritis, osteoporosis, heart disease and diabetes.